Good Morning guys! Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. For all of you affected by last week’s tragedy and continuing to be affected by the wildfires, and life in general, my heart goes out to you. I shared how I am feeling about the current state of things right here on my Instagram account yesterday. And I thought that in light of everything and with the weather finally cooling off, it might be a good time to share one of those comforting, eat your feelings kind of meals!
So I hope you have a fantastic week! Let’s all try to stay positive and take one moment at a time! And enjoy some pasta!
Comfort Food Heaven, This comforting mix of flavors, and the playfulness of the pasta shells makes this recipe a family hit!
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 16oz Box Large Pasta Shells, I prefer Barilla
- 1 Jar Rao's Marinara
- 1/2 lb sweet italian chicken sausage
- 1/2 lb spicy italian chicken sausage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 handful chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded parmigiano cheese
- Cook pasta shells according to directions on the box. I use a dutch oven though, so I can make everything in one pot
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and set aside reserving 1/2 C pasta water for the sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in the same pot you used to cook the pasta in
- Add both types of sausage and cook through until brown and crumbly
- Remove from pan and place on a plate topped with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil
- Add onions and and garlic to the pan and cook until slightly translucent (about 5 mins)
- Add entire jar of tomato sauce, reserved pasta water, and sausage to the pot and allow to simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop up your parsley
- When you are ready to serve, pour pasta shells into a large pasta bowl, and top with the sausage ragu. Garnish with parsley and parmesan.
- If you don't want to dirt another dish, just toss that pasta into the pot and serve out of that!